Analytics events are very important for understanding how users interact with an application. The events play an important role in decision-making.
This document helps you set up events for your app across different stages of the user journey.
Types of Events
There are three types of app events in the Contlo SDK:
These events are fired automatically by the SDK.
- App Launched - This event is fired when the app is launched from the background or killed state.
- App Installed - This event will be fired when a new user installs the app for the first time, reinstalls it, or clears app data.
These events are related to push notifications.
- Notification Received - This event is fired when the SDK receives a push notification.
- Notification Clicked - This event is fired when the user clicks the notification.
- Notification Dismissed - This event is fired when the user dismisses a particular notification or presses the “Clear all” notifications button.
These events are your user journey events that you would track across the user journey. For any event to be tracked, however, its schema must be whitelisted. If the schema for your event(s) has not already been whitelisted, please get in touch with us.
To send a custom event, refer to the following code:
import com.contlo.androidsdk.api.ContloAPI val contloAPI = ContloAPI(applicationContext) contloAPI.sendUserEvent(event, prop) //event -> String (event key), prop -> JSONObject